District and School Policies
Please view the Student Code of Conduct for The School District of Philadelphia’s official policies.
William Cramp School Uniform Policy:
Cramp School requires your child to wear a uniform every day.
Males students will wear navy blue pants and a red polo-style shirt.
Females wear navy blue pants, skirts, or jumpers and a red polo-style shirt.
No open toe footwear or hoodies are to be worn in school.
Students will wear navy shorts or navy athletic pants and t-shirt.
Cramp School t-shirts are acceptable on gym days and are available for purchase.
The following are not acceptable as part of the Cramp School uniform:
· Jeans of any color or jeans underneath skirt or dresses
· Undershirts/T-shirts with logos
· Tank tops
· Midriff tops, spaghetti straps or see-through clothing
· Sweatshirts (with or without hoods) during the school day
· Large hoops or dangling earrings and novelty jewelry
· Make-up, cosmetics, body glitter
· Head wear other than for religion purpose (no bandanas, scarves, hats, etc.)
· Sports Jerseys and special event and/or holiday shirts except when specifically allowed by the principal
Please see the Procedures for Attendance and Truancy for The School District of Philadelphia’s official policies.
Regular attendance, except in case of serious illness, is a requirement at William Cramp School.
In order for students to receive an excused absence:
- Parents or guardians should write an absence excuse note giving name, date, days of absence, and reason of absence.
- Excuse must be presented to the teacher on the day of the return from school.
Everyday attendance is necessary for your child to succeed. Students who come to school everyday are more successful in school. The expectation is that all students have 95% attendance. Attending school 95% or more of the time best supports student achievement.
The attendance policy for the School District of Philadelphia indicates a truancy referral once unexcused absences reach 10 or more. Since it is the parents’ responsibility for young children to attend school, students in grades K – 2 with 10 or more unexcused absences will be referred to DHS-Truancy.
As a reminder, absent notes need to be submitted to the school, no more than 3 days if the students returns from an absence in order for an absence to be excused.
Late arrival interferes with school and class procedures. Students are considered late if they are not with their lines by 8:30.